- Our Vision
- Our Commitment
- Our Story
- Power Facts
- Key Performance Metrics
Grid Modernization Strategy
Through Order No. 34281, the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission directed the Hawaiian Electric Companies to develop "a detailed Grid Modernization Strategy" that "will provide the comprehensive and holistic vision and context to inform subsequent review of discrete grid modernization project applications submitted by the Companies."
The Hawaii Public Utilities Commission directed the Hawaiian Electric Companies to make an initial draft of the Grid Modernization Strategy available for stakeholder review and comment no later than June 30, 2017, with the final Grid Modernization Strategy documents be filed with the commission no later than August 29, 2017.
This web page will be regularly updated throughout the Grid Modernization Strategy process, with strategy documents and filings, workshop information, presentations, and public comments that have been submitted.
Public comments may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are no longer accepting comments in response to the Draft Grid Modernization Strategy. Public comments were accepted through August 9, 2017.
Grid Modernization Strategy Documents
- DRAFT Grid Modernization Strategy - Filed on June 30, 2017
- FINAL Grid Modernization Strategy (To be filed August 29, 2017)
Hawaii Public Utilities Commission Orders
- Order No. 34281, Dismissing Application Without Prejudice And Providing Guidance for Developing a Grid Modernization Strategy (Docket No. 2016-0087, January 4, 2017)
- Order No. 34436, Addressing Motion for Partial Reconsideration (Docket No. 2016-0087, March 9, 2017)
- Oahu: August 7th, McKinley High School, 6:30 pm, Hirata Hall
- Maui: August 2nd, J. Walter Cameron Center Auditorium, 5pm
- Hawaii: July 31st, Waiakea High Cafeteria in Hilo, August 1st, Council Chambers at West Hawaii Civic Center in Kona, both at 6pm