Asian Noodle Salad
Try this delicious recipe from the Electric Kitchen!
This salad is brimming with bright, colorful vegetables and the earthy flavor of mushrooms. It's delicious hot, as a dinner entree, or as a cold salad for lunch.
- 8 ounces Japanese udon noodles or vermicelli, uncooked
- 4 ounces fresh pea pods, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons dark roasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 ounce dried mushrooms, such as Chinese tree ear, shiitake, porcini, or morels soaked in warm water for 15 minutes, drained and sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 green onion, cut diagonally with tops
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts or cashews