How to Pay Your Bill
- Start, Stop or Move Service
- How to Pay Your Bill
- Understanding Your Bill
- Energy Assist Programs
- Rates & Regulations
- Customer Newsletter
- Power Quality
Go Green with Paperless Billing
There are lots of reasons to go paperless: It's convenient, no more writing and mailing checks, it saves time and it's environmentally friendly, eliminating the need for paper, printing, and delivery. So why not take the extra step and go totally paperless. If you have not already done so, you will need to set up your pay account which will take less than five minutes. The next step is to request paperless billing, and then you can decide how to make payments without having to mail in a check every month.
Step 1) Sign Up for an Online Customer Service Center Account
- Locate your 12-digit account number, printed on the top, center of your electric bill.
- Go to our Online Customer Service Center registration page. If you are on the login page, click on the purple "Register for Online Access" button in the center of the page.
- Enter your electric account number, establish a user ID and password, and provide your email address and phone number. If you already have a PIN set up with us, please provide it for account validation. Otherwise, provide the last four digits of your Social Security number. Commercial account holders must use a PIN for validation. To set one up, please call our Customer Service Center at 548-7311.
Step 2) Log In to Your Account and Turn on Paperless Billing
- Once your account is established, log in and click on the "My Profile" tab located on the top navigation bar.
- On the next page under Notification Preferences, select "No" for Paper Bills and then either "Yes" or "No" for Email Notification depending on whether you would like to receive an email when your next bill is available. Then click Save Preferences.
Step 3) Select Your Paperless Method of Payment
Automatic Bill Payment
With Automatic Bill Payment, your bank, savings and loan, or credit union will pay your electric bill automatically each month by deducting it from any account you choose. This service is free.
- Log in and hover over the "Billing" tab located in the middle of the top navigation bar and drill down to "Automatic Bill Pay". Click the purple "Sign Up for Automatic Bill Pay" button. As an alternative, you may print, fill out, and mail in the Automatic Bill Payment Form.
- Enter a Bank Nickname (a descriptive name to help you remember your account), the Routing Number, Account Number, Name of Account Holder, select the Account Type and hit "Add Bank".
- Next, select the bank that you added from the dropdown list, review the authorization statement, and click on the "I Agree. Start Automatic Bill Payment" button.
Please allow 2-5 business days for processing. Once processing is complete, your status on the Automatic Bill Pay page will read "Automatic Bill Payment is Set Up" and your account will display as the Active Bank.
To offer convenient, online bill payment, Hawaiian Electric has partnered with MyCheckFree. By using MyCheckFree, you can pay your bill online, eliminate paper bills by receiving your bill electronically, and receive notification emails when a new bill is available. It's free! Please allow 3-5 business days for payment to be posted to your account.
Select your location below and sign up today!
Western Union Speedpay®
Hawaiian Electric partners with Western Union Speedpay® to provide an easy way to pay your electric bill using your checking, savings, or money market account, your MasterCard, Visa, Discover, AMEX, or your ATM or Debit Card with a STAR, PULSE, or NYCE logo. No sign-up is necessary.
Click on the link below to pay your electric bill online and provide your 12-digit Hawaiian Electric account number, your billing address zip code, and your credit, debit, or checking information:
A $1.99 Western Union convenience fee and a minimum $5.00 payment will apply, with a maximum payment amount of $1,000 for residential customers. A $30.00 Western Union convenience fee, $5.00 minimum, and $5,000 maximum payment amount will apply for commercial customers. Please allow 1-2 business days for your account to be credited.
Please note: Hawaiian Electric does not receive any portion of the fee charged for this service. It is the convenience fee Western Union Speedpay® charges to cover processing fees and transaction costs associated with handling credit and debit card information.