Producing Clean Energy
- Going Solar
- Producing Clean Energy
- Clean Energy Facts
- Integration Tools and Resources
- Electric Vehicles
- How You Can Help
Please call our Standard Interconnection Agreement line at (808) 969-0358.
Standard Interconnection Agreement
- Single-Line Diagram
- Relay List (if applicable)
- Trip Scheme (if applicable)
- Three-Line Diagram (systems >= 30 kW)
- Completed Exhibit A
- Completed Signature Page - Appendix II or Appendix II-A
Prior to operating your system continuously, an inspection is required to verify compliance with our Standard Interconnection Agreement Rule 14H.
Scheduling of the test requires a two (2) week lead time.
The inspection will verify the following at a minimum:
- The installation, including equipment ratings, matches the issued Single Line Diagram.
- The Inverter(s) meet UL-1741 standard nameplate.
- The manual disconnect switch is properly labeled.
- Anti-islanding - The customer simulates a "loss of utility" power to the system by opening the disconnect switch or breaker. The customer must have a qualified person to operate the disconnect and demonstrate a visible break.*
* For liability purposes Hawaii Electric Light Company, Inc. will not operate your equipment and so we ask that you provide a qualified person/electrician to be available to conduct the test.
2 Party Agreement <10 kW - To access Exhibits A - D and Signature Page
2 Party Agreement >10 kW - To access Exhibits A - D and Signature Page
3 Party Agreement <10 kW - To access Exhibits A - D and Signature Page
3 Party Agreement >10 kW - To access Exhibits A - D and Signature Page
Via United States Postal Service:
Hawaii Electric Light
ATTN: Standard Interconnection Agreement; Engineering
P.O. Box 1027
Hilo, HI 96721-1027